So Lately I’ve had questions on what I have been reading, so I decided to make this a monthly thing where I describe all the books I’ve finished this month. If you want to know what I have been reading sooner, check out my goodreads account (and even get one for yourself!) I read on my kindle, my phone and paperback books. I also use the goodreads app as well. It is pretty awesome, I suggest checking it out!
For now, let’s start with March books.
1. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. If you loved the movie, you will love the book even more! If you have no idea what this is, I will give you a little synopsis. I finished this book in three days, while I was on my spring break. I am a quick reader, especially if I enjoy a book. So basically this novel is about a young woman named Katie who moves to the small town of Southport, North Carolina. She is determined to remain anonymous and not gain any friendships, keeping to herself in her small cottage. Despite her efforts, however she becomes increasingly attached to Alex and his adorable family. Her secret past however, seems to keep getting in the way of her blossoming romance.
2. Captive Mistress by Deborah LeVarre. I have read this book over and over again, and love it every time. Michael Lancer is on my top characters list from last week (check it out here:https://simplymichelleraven.wordpress.com/2013/04/02/top-ten-fictional-characters-i-crush-on/ )
Synopsis: Young, beautiful Christina Patterson must escape her cruel, abusive uncle. To do this she hides aboard a ship, and what should happen when the handsome captain Michael Lancer finds her and it determined to make her his. I highly suggest this book. It is so ooey gooey romance and I love it! It is kind of hard to find, and mine was passed down from my mother. Here is the Amazon Link: http://www.amazon.com/Captive-Mistress-Deborah-LeVarre/dp/0821712829/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364948039&sr=8-1&keywords=Deborah+LeVarre
3. Divergent by Veronica Roth. OH MY GOODNESS! I read this book within twelve hours! I began it one night at a friends after she fell asleep from about 1:30 am to 4 am then woke up again at 9 to finish it by 11! I absolutely loved this book and it’s sequel. If you loved The Hunger Games, you will love this too! I got all of my friends hooked on it and they can’t seem to stop reading as well. I am so excited for the third book this october, already pre-ordered it! 🙂
Synopsis: Beatrice’s dystopian world is divided into five factions, one of which she must choose to live the rest of her life, either staying or leaving behind the only place she has ever called home. After she makes her decision, she learns however that the world she always knew isn’t exactly what it seems to be. Renaming herself Tris, she falls in love and finds it harder and harder to keep the secret that may mean her life to herself.
4. Insurgent by Victoria Roth. I finished this book the next day. I won’t give a synopsis or link for this one so I don’t spoil anything that you might find out in the first one! Go read it now!
5. The Courtship Dance by Candace Camp. She has always been a favorite author of mine and provides cute stories. This wasn’t my favorite story of hers, but I did enjoy it.
Synopsis: Lady Francesca Haughston gave up on achieving true love when she botched hers over a misunderstanding years ago. Now she is determined to make up for it by finding him ex-fiancee the perfect wife! As the intensity and chemistry between them sizzles, Francesca can’t help but wonder if the love they had once before ever went away after all.
6. These next two books I am putting together, because one is a prequel that is on amazon kindle, the other is the first book in the series, both were adorable. The prequel :Dancing With the Duke ( landing a lord #0.5) and the first book: Loving the Marquess by Suzanna Medeiros were adorable books.
Dancing with the Duke (a novella) Synopsis: Charlotte Grant has been in love with her best friends brother for as long as she can remember, but he never seemed to notice her. Now as her season in London approaches, she and Her best friend hatch a plan to make her his.
Loving the Marquess: On the verge of losing her home, Louisa must do the impossible to save her family. Including asking the Marquess of Overlea for help. When he proposes Marriage, she accepts, unknowing that he has a plan to secure an heir before his illness overcomes him. Both, however, do not see the outside threat that almost destroys their lives forever.
7. Three Girls and a Baby by Rachel Schurig. This book I actually finished in January, but I read the sequels in April and fell in love! I will write about the sequels next month, but had to post this one!
Synopsis: Ginny McKensie is in for the shock of a lifetime. After breaking up with the love of her life,Josh, she and her two girlfriends (Annie and Jen) move into a house together. A few months later, however, she discovers that she is pregnant with his kid! Now the three girls vow to raise the baby together, but will Ginny ever get her happily ever after?
All of these books except the Landing a Lord prequel are available in paperback. I read all of these on my kindle! I hope you read some and if you do comment below! or comment with suggestions on what I should read next! 🙂