I guess this week for a list of favorites, I’ll go with music and songs, what makes me happy. sad. What is on my spotify playlists right now. I have a bad habit of finding random songs and buying them on itunes when I can listen to them on spotify radio for free.This isn’t categorized in anyway, it is all random. Comment below on your favorite song suggestions, I love finding new things to listen to!
1. After Ever After by Jon Cozart. This is a youtube sensation! It’s about what happens to Ariel, Jasmine, Belle and Pocahontas after their “ever after”. I find it hilarious and listen to it at least once a week. I even know all of the words! The video is hilarious, go watch it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diU70KshcjA
You can buy it on itunes as well 🙂
2. Always (Feat. Sutton Foster) From Keys: The Music of Scott Alan. Available on itunes. I love this song because it is very comforting to me. Scot Alan has wonderful music and his lyrics and truly inspirational. Sutton’s voice is just the cherry on top.
3. Astonishing from Little Women (the broadway original Soundtrack), this song is inspirational. I have never seen the show, but I believe Jo sings this and is on her way to NYC to do extraordinary things. I listen to this when I feel like I need to be motivated.
4. Chasing Cars by the Grey’s Anatomy Cast. I listen to this because I am obsessed with this show and love the musical episode. Nothing more. Nothing less.
5. Come to your Senses from Tick, Tick…BOOM! the musical. this song is fun and you’ll learn I am truly a musical junkie fan. If you like Astonishing, you’ll love this song as well. It’s so fun!
6.Gravity by Sara Bareilles. This song describes my life right now I feel like. I keep being pulled back to the same thoughts of the same person and this song brings me back to reality. It is gorgeous and fun to sing. A lovely ballad. Go check this one out for sure!
7.I Dreamed a Dream from the MOVIE Les Miserables, Anne Hathaway does such an excellent job in my opinion of this song. I love her version more than the original London Cast version. This movie is amazing, in my opinion.
8. I Know The Truth from the original broadway cast of Aida. Another broadway junkie song. If you enjoy the songs above you’ll like this too. Musicals aren’t for everyone though.
9.If You Told Me To by Hunter Hayes. Or any of his songs. He is my current music crush. His songs portray everything I want in a guy. Truly fantastic. If you haven’t read my perfect man post click this link:
10. A Little Bit Stronger by Sara Evans was my breakup anthem. Just the other day I was in the car and I was missing my ex and this song came on. I took it as a sign from god. If you are in a bad breakup, listen to this song. Now.
11. Need You Now by Lady Antebellum. This ballad just speaks for itself, I could sing this over and over again!
12. One More Night by Maroon 5. I came up with a nice harmony with this and just wish I could find someone to play it acoustically for me!
13. Quiet by Natalie Weiss from a lesser known musical, Thirteen Stories Down. I mentioned this in my post last Sunday :https://simplymichelleraven.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/whats-the-perfect-balance/
14. Same Love (Feat. Mary Lambert) by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. This song is so inspirational. I’m sorry if you don’t believe in same sex marriage, but I do, and I think this song is a wonderful way to support it. At the same time, I respect your opinions.
15. She Will Be Loved by Maroon 5. This is a classic. Who wouldn’t want to be loved by Adam Levine? 😉
16. Six Degrees of Separation by The Script. I love the mellow mood their songs have.
17. Some Nights by Fun. This is just a fun song and I harmonize with this and listen to pentatonix versions of it.
18. A Thousand Years by Christina Perri, from the Breaking Dawn Part 2 soundtrack. I love the message this song is sending. True love is eternal. Kinda goes along with this post: https://simplymichelleraven.wordpress.com/2013/03/08/forever-doesnt-always-last-well-forever/
19.Thrift Shop Feat Wanz by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. This song is so fun. I saw them live at my university a few weeks ago and it was honestly the best concert I have ever been to. Not to mention the music video is hilarious.
20.Titanium (featuring Astrid) by AaronicStuff. I found this cover on youtube one day and fell in love with it. It is on itunes, I bought it immediately! But here is the youtube link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Y6Tqw17BM
Okay, So I am at the end of my itunes songs on my phone and it just so happens that I listen to an even number of songs as my favorites lately. All of them can be bought on itunes or found on youtube. Go check them out, comment what you think, etc. I hope you find a new favorite from this list. Oh and HAPPY FRIDAY 🙂