Today for my weekly “Friday Favorites” segment, I thought I would change it up and do a wish-list or bucket list of places I love (in theory) and hope to have the chance to visit some day. As I am watching the 8th episode of season eleven for America’s Next Top Model, I am reminded of my longing to travel, as they determine which 6 out of 7 girls will be going on to another country. It seems like this year everyone is has gone out of the country this summer. My friend Meghan is TEACHING in Japan, how amazing is that? Another friend, Lauren, is acting in Ireland for a month and learning. Another friend went off to Canada to see a play (does that count?) I have a couple previous cast-mates that have been going to school in Scotland for various reasons. My beloved French teacher has once again decided to take a group of eager young students to France this upcoming June. Another friend of mine is going off to Germany and France with her family to visit a friend. Lastly it seems that the choir program at the university went to Europe as well to sing in cathedrals and tour the cities. What an amazing opportunity! I can’t seem to help but feel left out as I think of my own trip to Europe and how badly I want to go back. So, today I have compiled a list of places I plan on going to someday.
1. France: I wish so badly to go back. There probably isn’t a day that goes by where I do not think of my time in Paris and Giverny. When I go back, I hope to see everything I have already seen but maybe since I will be older, I will have a new found appreciation and to see things in a different light.
2. Amsterdam: I began dreaming of going here when I read The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. If you have not read this book, I highly recommend it. I laughed, cried and smiled as I watched two lovers go through some pretty unique circumstances. The descriptions of Amsterdam and seeing the Anne Frank house made me long to travel there and see the history and beauty of another place. The episode of ANTM that is on my tv has the girls traveling to Amsterdam and I long to be there. For now I will settle on watching it on my tv.
3. Ireland/England: I put these in one spot because when I visit one, I plan on visiting the other. They both have so much history behind them and beautiful countryside. I keep envisioning all the places in the books I’ve read and would love to put a picture/image with the settings of each book! Maybe it will help me with my writing!
4. Germany/Belgium/Italy/Spain: These are all places I wish to go to, but do not have any prior knowledge of them at all, so I haven’t much to say.
5. Africa: I would love to go to Africa and do some form of work with orphans or children. It would be amazing to make a difference in the lives of children and to experience the language barrier. I won’t lie, an African Safari sounds amazing.